Requests for Alternate Media Production of Cerritos College Library Material
Students who require an alternate format of a library book in order to complete coursework or an assignment can request the alternate format through DSPS. The following procedure is only for research/resource/reference materials borrowed from or available at the Cerritos College Library and does not apply to required textbooks for any course.
- The student may either check out the book OR obtain the following information: title, author, edition number and/or name, and 13 digit ISBN number.
- The student must bring the book (or required information) to DSPS to make the request for alternate format.
- DSPS staff will have the student read and sign an Alternate Media contract, and complete an Alternate Media Library Materials request form.
- DSPS Alternate Media staff will process the request using the standard alt media procedures.
- DSPS will notify the student when the alternate format is available.
- DSPS will return the library material to the library.
- Students may keep the alternate media for the time needed to complete their assignment. Material must be returned to DSPS prior to the end of the semester in which it was borrowed.