LIBRARY BEHAVIOR GUIDELINES
All library patrons are required to abide by Cerritos College Student Standards of Conduct and use the library and its resources in an ethical and lawful manner.
When the conduct of an individual or group transcends the bounds of law, policy, or regulation, and interferes with the normal processes of education, the individual or group will be asked to leave the library. If a student, the college will take appropriate disciplinary action through Judical Affairs
Library Behavior Guidelines
Work quietly so others are not disturbed. The library is a quiet place to focus and study. Respect the rights of other students to have it that way.
The following rules of conduct should be observed:
- Keep all conversations quiet and talking to a minimum.
- Small group study tables are for four people only. Don’t add chairs.
- Large group study tables are for more than four people.
- Minimize group study conversation at tables. If possible, reserve a Group Study Room when studying in groups.
- Turn off or silence your cell phone and electronic devices. Use earphones in library.
- No card or group game playing at tables.
- Keep children with you and quiet at all times.
- No animals allowed except service animals.
- No smoking or vaping.
- No food allowed. Covered drinks are okay.
- Don't lay or sleep in the aisles.
- Don't engage in inappropriate, unwanted, or harrassing sexual activites.
- Leave the library clean. Make sure your debris ends up in the trash.
- Use your common sense and discretion when viewing websites which could be offensive to others. Display of certain sexually explicit content in a public area may be a violation of the College's Sexual Harassment Policy.
You may be asked to leave if you are considered disruptive. Misbehavior in the library could result in loss of your library privileges.