NEW! Database Trials
The Library arranges trial access to electronic resources that are under consideration for a subscription. Librarians review databases for addition to the collection and your comments are very valuable in this selection process. Please let us know what you think of the resources by using one of the contact methods listed in the right column.
- The databases listed on this page are for use by Cerritos College faculty and staff for evaluation purposes only, unless other information is provided in the trial box. The list is subject to change depending on the trial ending date and the availability of new trials. Please check back for new trials.
- You may find that some databases require a Username and Password, while others do not. Please let the librarians know about any access issues you may have.
ToolingU - Knowledge Edge
Books and videos compiled by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. "Knowledge Edge features more than 700 industrial training videos and clips, 1,200 eBooks and chapters, 16,000 technical papers, and 10,000 entries in the Manufacturing Knowledge Base wiki at your fingertips. Content that is typically used for informal learning is now in your hands — you control what you need and when you need it as part of your formal learning program." Click here for more info.
1. Go to www.toolingu.com
2. Click on student login
3. Enter the username: rosenblatts
4. Enter the password: cerritos
Trial lasts until May 9, 2014
- Click login/register link at top of page.
- Click Institutional access link.
- Enter the credentials you'll find below.
Institutional ID: cerritos
See published reviews in box on right.
"ProQuest has over 1,200 full text journals and the entire collection is 89% full text. We offer nearly 900 MEDCOM nurse training videos. Searchable with the ProQuest journals via browse or keyword search, MEDCOM videos show nurses performing procedures such as intubation, inserting catheters, changing and caring for tracheostomy tubes and more. Over 12,000 nursing dissertations exclusive to ProQuest. Study Paths: recommended reading and targeted searches. Deep Indexing feature allows users to access graphs, tables, charts etc. We have indexed the metadata from those results so you can search on specific statistical information. We also have ebooks, evidence based content and more. Includes exclusive full text coverage of the Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine. Also 14 specialty titles from the Massachusetts Medical Society."
To access the trial:
Click the link to the database in the title above.
Trial ends: 4/30/14
"Produced by the Ethnic Studies Library at the University of California, Berkeley, this bibliographic index covers a wide range of materials focused on the Mexican-American and Chicano experience, as well as the broader Latino experience of Puerto Ricans, Cuban Americans and Central American immigrants since 1992. Its content is designed to further research, teaching and scholarship for Chicano studies programs and extended ethnic studies curricula, giving researchers targeted access to materials that explore the broad dimensions of class, race and gender within the Chicano and Latino U.S. experience."
- Nearly 60,000 records from more than 2,400 journals and other resources, including newspapers, books, book chapters and more
- Extensive coverage dating back to the 1960s, with selective indexing dating back to the early 1900s
- The Spanish Speaking Mental Health Database, covering psychological, sociological and educational literature
- Uniform subject access to a continuously growing body of literature
- Bilingual Education
- Mental Health
Trial ends 5/5/14
Insight Media (Alexander Street Press)
- Over 130 hours of nursing training videos from a variety of respected producers.
- New product added on a regular basis.
- All titles are indexed and divided into short segments for easy access to the topics you are most interested in watching.
- Seamlessly link segments or entire programs to your Course Management System.
- Access the Insight Media Digital Library from on campus or off campus, even from mobile devices.
- Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Pricing not dependent upon number of users.
- Discount pricing available for multi-campus institutions.
For regular access:
- Click on link above.
- Enter in acess code: R496-BNK7
For admin access:
Trial ends 4/18/14
No username/password required.
Can be shared with students.
Evaluate the trials
Please provide your feedback to the Library using one of the forms below, then email them to Stephanie Rosenblatt. We will use your feedback to prioritize the purchase of new subscription databases.
If you have any problems accessing the databases or if you have questions about the feedback forms or would like to suggest changes to the criteria we use to evaluate electronic resources, please contact Stephanie Rosenblatt.