FALL & SPRING
Sat & Sun
The Library and Lab are closed during all college holidays and breaks. See the Library Hours Page for summer hours, holiday closures and other general information.
562-860-2451 ext 2184
There are no computers in the lab for non-students. Non-students who wish to use a computer should go to the library reference desk. Four computers have been set aside for non-students. The are available upon request and on a first-come, first-served basis.
WELCOME TO THE LIBRARY COMPUTER LABS
|The computer workstations in the library and lab are for educational and research purposes. You can conduct research using the online catalog, online databases, and the Internet. The Office Suite is also available on all computers. Please note: Librarians may ask you to move if computers are needed for research.|
The Library Computer Lab
The main library computer lab offers students, faculty and staff access to 140 computers. Computers provide access to the Internet, E-mail, and instructional software contributed by instructors from various departments. Computers are available on a first come, first served basis.
Students must show a valid Cerritos College ID to use a computer in the lab.
In additon, the Library Computer Lab provides the folowing assistance to currently enrolled students:
- WiFi connection (laptops, notebooks, netbooks, tablets, ipads, smartphones)
- Resetting student network account
- Resetting Talonnet account
- Resetting MyCerritos Account
- Creating email accounts
Phone: 562-860-2451 ext 2184
The Library Reference Area
There are 30 computers in the library reference area. These are also available on a first come, first served basis.
The reference computers may be unavailable at times due to scheduled library orientation sessions.
- Three computers with assistive technology including Kurzweil 3000 Scan/Read, Read/Write Gold Suite, and ZoomText. Check in at the Reference Desk for login information.
- Three video stations for course-related DVD viewing. DVD and video material are On Reserve at the Circulation Desk.
Students must be currently enrolled to use the lab and library computers.
How to Logon to Your Windows Account
To sign-up for a student computer Windows account, please make sure you have completed your registration and have paid your required fees. All accounts are operational the first day of instruction and expire on last day of final exam.
From the openning screen:
- Press the Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys at the same time to continue.
- The computer will ask for your User Name, and Password.
- Enter your Cerritos College ID number, then click the second box to enter your password.
- Your initial password will be your birthday in the MMDDYY format.
- The Domain must say CERRITOS.
- Once you type in the password, click on THE RIGHT ARROW icon.
The procedure for changing your password is as follows:
- Simutanously press <control><ALT> and <Delete> Key and select change a password option.
- Enter ID number and your birthday (MMDDYY).
- Then select a new password and repeat it to confirm it.
- Make sure your new password is something you can remember. To have at least six character or more.
Log Off Procedure - Windows 7 in Reference Area
- To log off click on Start icon
- Then on the right arrow next to Shut down
- Then click on Log off
Log Off Procedure - Windows 8 in Computer Lab
- To log off move your mouse to the upper right corner
- When icons appear, select the "Search" command (the first icon, it looks like a magnifing glass)
- In the box, type logoff (as one word)
- Click on Logoff icon
For successful completion of your studies please purchase a USB flash memory (1 Giga Byte, 2 or 4 is sufficient). If you do not have your drive with you please save your file and E-mail it to yourself. Cerritos College Workstations DO NOT archive student files on the computers and new files are erased after each session.
Printing in the Library
How Do I ?
All REFERENCE AREA computers send print jobs to Print Station LC 8 in the reference area.
All LAB computers send print jobs to Print Station LC 40 in the lab.
To retrieve your print job you must have a Cerritos College ID card with cash added or a print card.
Black & White prints cost 10 cents per page. Color prints cost 50 cents per page. The printers do not take coins or bills.
Please follow the steps below for printing:
Have your student ID card activated at the help desk in the computer lab.
* If you don’t have your ID card you will need to purchase a print card.
Add money to your newly activated card using the machine located in the corner, across from the circulation desk (near the copiers) or the machine located in the lab.
* Insert your card first and then add money, one bill at a time.
Choose an available computer, open the page to be printed and select ‘Print’. If you are printing in B&W, the correct printer should already be selected for you. If you want to print in color, please choose the color printer.
Go to the Print Manager located at the end of the 2nd row of computers.
Insert your ID card into the card reader to the right of the Print Manager monitor.
Enter your student ID number
Choose your print job by clicking on it and then click on Print Selected Job.
Congratulations! You have printed successfully! Please pick up you print job from the printer.
COMPUTER USE POLICY
Use and Conduct Policies for Library Computers
Computers are provided for the instructional use of Cerritos College students, faculty, and staff. To insure that everyone enjoys the maximum benefit of these computers, the following policies apply:
The College's Student Conduct Policy (see the College Catalog) applies in the Learning Resource Center. Patrons are expected to be courteous and respectful.
- No food or drink at computer stations.
- Chat rooms, games and other non-instructional web sites and application may not be accessed on these workstations.
- Use of these workstations is on a first-come, first-served basis. Workstations may not be reserved. If you leave the workstation for any reason, the station will be open for others to use.
- Use common sense and discretion in selecting web sites which clearly would be offensive to other patrons. Display of certain material in a public area may be a violation of the College's Sexual Harassment Policy
- Illegal file-sharing of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited.
VIOLATION OF ANY of the above policies may result in the following:
- Patrons may be directed to discontinue use of a workstation.
- Patrons may lose privileges to use workstations.
- Violations may be referred to the Cerritos College Council of Judicial Affairs.