FALL & SPRING SEMESTERS
Sat & Sun
The Library is closed during all college holidays and breaks. See the Library Hours Page for summer hours, holiday closures and other general information.
Search or browse our Library FAQs
Library Services & Policies for Faculty
Faculty and Staff: Cerritos College ID or other valid proof of identification is required for all library transactions.
Books generally circulate to faculty for one semester with the option to renew. Faculty loans are subject to recall when there are requests for the materials. For information about Circulation call Ext.2423
Return of Materials
Books may be returned to the staff at the Circulation Desk, to the book return slot at the Circulation Desk, or to the outside book returns
Faculty may have library materials, as well as items from their personal collections, text books, study guides, test reviews, quizzes, computer disks, photocopied sections from books, etc. placed on reserve for students’ use.
General Reserve Information
- When placing material on reserve, please submit in plenty of time, as there is a 3-day processing period
- A completed Reserve Request Form must accompany all material to be placed on reserve
- OER textbooks can also be listed in the reserves system. Please provide a link to the resource on the Reserve Request Form.
- Material is made available for students for a limited checkout period (1 hour, 2 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 8 days)
- All photocopied material should be ready for processing (stapled and in folders)
- When placing a personal book on reserve, please make sure the material is in good condition (no loose pages or loose spine, torn pages, mold, etc.) as these books are heavily used.
- Please be aware that the library processing consists of cataloging, barcoding and stamping of your material.
- This service is offered by the Library at no charge
- Call Ext. 2423 or visit the circulation desk with questions
Fines on Reserve Material
- One hour and two hour reserve materials are fined $.50 per hour
- One, two and eight day reserve materials are fined $5.00 per day
- Fines for reserve materials accrue even when the library is closed
- If reserve materials are lost, the total cost of the materials and overdue fines will be charged
- Please inform your students that their current school photo ID is required for checkout of all materials
- The online catalog provides access to all titles in the library’s collection.
- The library subscribes to over 50 web-based databases which include citations and full-text for journals, general interest periodicals, newspapers, and selected reference works. They are updated regularly and provide coverage in some cases as far back as 1985.
- To access library databases from off campus: login using your Cerritos College network username and password.
Please note: Username format = jdoe (not email@example.com)
Faculty may obtain materials not available in our library by filling out an Interlibrary Loan Request.
Support for Open Educational Resources (OER)
Faculty can add OER materials they have created, adopted, or adapted to the Cerritos College OER Repository by contacting Stephanie Rosenblatt. Once a resource has been uploaded to the repository a permanent link is created. This link can be shared with students and can be added to the Library's reserves system and the Library's catalog.
Faculty who need help creating or finding OER materials can request assistance from a librarian. Librarians can be embedded in working groups of faculty who are creating materials and can help faculty identify resources that support specific content areas or learning outcomes.
See our Open Educational Resources research guide for more information.
Faculty may reserve display cases for limited periods of time to exhibit special materials. Call Ext. 2423
See all Library Policies for Students
Your Library Account
•You can login into your library account by clicking on the My Account link on the Library Home Page.
•Your USER ID is your Cerritos College ID number. The PASSWORD is 'changeme' for all first time users.
•Once you have logged in, you will be able to see what books you have out and when they're due, place a hold on a book that's checked out, or renew your books.
• If you don't know your Cerritos College ID number, or if you forget your password after you've changed it, ask at Circulation.